ThinkGenetic is looking for someone energetic, organized, and passionate about helping others as our marketing intern. We are a fast-paced start-up working hard to increase awareness and traffic flow to our website, ThinkGenetic.com, News.ThinkGenetic.com and social engagement in our social profiles. Correctly meeting needs and offering helpful guidance for those with genetic conditions means that timely, effective and accurate communications are important. To maintain a steady flow of content and audience engagement, we are looking for an intern for at least one semester to assist the Marketing Director. This is a remote, US-based position.
- Internet connection, browser (Chrome preferred) and headset (with microphone)
- Willingness to learn and follow workflows across teams
- Strong writing and grammar skills
- Fluency in social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ and LinkedIn
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Skype
Experience with WordPress, Asana, Constant Contact, Canva and Hootsuite are a plus.
Tasks May Include:
- Utilize website content to create social posts, schedule the content and track performance
- Research, document and utilize critical hashtags and profiles associated with genetic conditions and their advocacy/support/thought leader groups in social posts
- Populate email marketing messages/eblasts using written content
- Uncover potential online events to participate in: Tweet chats, webinars, live tweets, others
- Preparing digital marketing reports for ThinkGenetic, Inc. leadership review
- Assist Marketing Director with day-to-day needs, which may include: market research, writing, event preparations, coordination, event planning, outreach and scheduling.
- Identifying relevant thought leaders to follow on social media and learn about potential partnerships or content sharing
Hours: 10-20 per week
Compensation: $10 per hour
About: ThinkGenetic, Inc. aims to reduce the time to a genetic diagnosis with its accessible content, tools and data services that spark meaningful action. We empower people alongside their journey of living with genetic conditions.
To apply, please email a copy of your cover letter and CV to Len Barker, firstname.lastname@example.org and Ruth O’Keefe, email@example.com.