Posted February 4, 2021
We are expanding our efforts to shorten the time to diagnosis for rare genetic diseases by deploying our disease screening algorithms on patient facing web applications in multiple languages and embedded on, or integrated with, client websites around the world. The hire will be responsible for working with our medical staff to convert screening algorithms into web services and that will be accessed via API calls from client websites. They will also be responsible for implementing the UI experience for the patient screening applications that interact with the screening algorithm web service. They must be senior enough to recommend and implement the best solutions for the project. The right candidate will be excited by the opportunity to design a scalable global disease screening architecture from the ground up and influence the direction of a rapidly growing tech startup.
Responsibilities for Full Stack Java Developer
- Support all aspects of software development (designing, coding, testing, debugging, and maintaining products).
- Translate customer needs into user stories and deliver working capabilities at the conclusion of each sprint.
- Work on complex analytical and programming tasks, requiring knowledge of programming languages and data communications
- Delivering a complete web-based application.
- Design, develop and test Java based solutions using common standards and frameworks
- Ensuring high performance on mobile and desktop.
- Coordinating workflow between designers.
- Collaborating with back-end developers in building process of Java technologies.
- Optimize web pages for maximum speed and scalability.
- Creating configuration, build, and test scripts for Continuous Integration environments.
- Enhance existing solutions to improve processing.
- Work across multiple phases of the software development life cycle within a project.
- Work closely with team members and stakeholders to understand and implement requirements along with refining solutions.
- Ability to specify, create, and consume RESTful Web Services (Ex. JAX-RS, SpringBoot, Restful APIs, SOAP, JSON, etc.)
- Fluency with Object Oriented SDK (Java or .Net), REST and GraphQL APIs
- Provide continual programming enhancements/modifications, and implementation progress related to application development as requested by the Government.
- Create or drive project schedule development, including task definition, duration, and resource estimates, work breakdown schedule, and contingency planning.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- 3 years of experience as a Full Stack Java Developer
- Must have experience in programming language such as Java
- Must have knowledge of various DBMS technology such as: MySQL, Oracle, SQLServer
- Experience in the following, but not limited:
- Core Java
- REST API
- Angular and other frameworks
- Responsive web design
- Agile software development
- Multiple codes to inclue DBA and SQL
Preferred Qualifications / Experience:
- Delivery focus and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communications and teamwork skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced problem solving and technical troubleshooting capabilities
- Ability to gather and document technical requirements
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret large datasets
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills (Desirable)
- Strong understanding of micro services architecture
- Strong understanding of service-to-service auth, API security and API performance
- Experience with at least one build tool (Grunt, Gulp, Maven)
- Hands on experience writing multi-join SQL queries, stored procedure, user-defined functions, views
While ThinkGenetic is a startup company, our roots go back to a tech company started by our founders nearly three decades ago. In 2016, we decided to use our talents and passions to help locate individuals with undiagnosed genetic diseases to help lead them to treatment. After successfully demonstrating our product, we are entering the rapid growth phase of a startup. We offer our teammates:
- A family-like work environment (in fact, many employees are family!)
- The chance to change lives for the better
- Health and dental insurance
- Matching retirement benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Stock options
- Competitive salary