No longer accepting applications
Posted: August 25, 2022
While ThinkGenetic is a startup company, our roots go back to a tech company started by our founders three decades ago. In 2016, we decided to use our talents and passions to help locate individuals with undiagnosed genetic diseases to help lead them to treatment. After successfully demonstrating our product, we are entering the rapid growth phase of a startup.
Position: National Sales Representative
Position Description: The position is responsible for 1) educating the decision makers at pharmaceutical companies involved in the clinical research, development, and sale of treatments for genetic conditions about ThinkGenetic’s services including FindEHR (https://news.thinkgenetic.com/findehr/); and 2) subscribing them to FindEHR for continuous monitoring of electronic health records with subsequent notification of the health care provider when at-risk patients are discovered.
Territory: United States
Featured benefits: Medical insurance, Dental insurance, 401(k)
- Sales – Develop, identify, and qualify new business opportunities through strategic prospecting, targeting and account planning to meet and exceed client acquisition targets. Lead the entire sales cycle from prospect identification to contact approach (all levels), needs assessment, opportunity development, solution design, preparation of sales materials and presentations, contract negotiation and opportunity closure. The ThinkGenetic marketing team and other executives will support you
- Sales & Pipeline Development – Target influencers and key decision makers at pharmaceutical companies with treatments for genetic conditions that are either approved or in clinical trials.
- Business Development – Develop and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships and apply a consultative selling approach to create new demand to upsell, extend or renew existing agreements to achieve revenue growth targets.
- Analytics – Maintain accurate and aligned sales forecasts and other sales and business development-related reporting requirements.
- Adherence to Company Systems Requirements – Compile and enter information and data related to client and prospect interactions into Salesforce application timely, consistently and with required amount of detail. Ensure information is entered and maintained in additional Company system(s) as required.
- Networking – Network with industry contacts, physicians, healthcare professionals, IDNs, hospitals, physician groups, association memberships, trade groups, social networking sites.
- Competitive Analysis – Monitor client, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to Company leadership team and other Company departments.
- Travel/Field time – In-person meetings with prospects and clients to develop key business relationships.
- Meet or exceed key performance indicators
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales & Marketing or related field
- Minimum 3 years’ healthcare sales experience required along with a high degree of health literacy
- Experience with rare disease is a plus
- Proven record of accomplishment in achieving established sales and business development targets, with a strong client orientation
- Effective communication, presentation, and negotiation skills so that you can articulate service offerings and position them against the competition
- Demonstrated ability to close sales at all levels of the healthcare system, including executive and C-level
- Established relationships within Independent Delivery Networks, healthcare systems, hospitals, physician groups, skilled nursing facilities
- Advanced skills in territory action planning
- Must be a highly motivated and organized self-starter
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Problem analysis and problem resolution capability
- Experience with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Join the Conversation